JIRA Service Desk daily auto-reminder sent to customer

Hi,

My Client wants to send a daily e-mail reminder to his customers when the issue (request) is in a special workflow state (for eg. "waiting for customer"). 

I have read some articles about this and found that there a couple of ways to do it. I'm now wondering what is the best & easy way to do it, with no additional cost?

My client has : JSD 2.5 + JIRA 6.4 with no other plugin

Thank you 

3 answers

Create an extra SLA (not directly visible Agents in queue), set it to 24h - and you have it (then trigger either 60min before breach or after breach, up to you). What you won't be able to do, is to send as many reminders as your main SLA (e.g. SLA for 1 case: 5 days - so 5 reminders, SLA for 2nd case: 8 SLA - 8 reminders)

The tricky part is with repetitive 'starting' condition when you don't leave the status. But maybe then 'comment to Customer' may solve the case as an another 'restarting' condition.

The extra SLA will be confusing for the client as the workflow I'm setting is quite complexe. Isn't there a cleaner way to achieve my goal? I can use plugins if necessary. Thank you. Best regards

Btw. Thank you Sebastian for your time and effort.

You're welcome mate - I'm just sharing what I applied in my JSD for quite similar aspect :-)

Hi,

You may try to achieve it through Automation in JSD: I had a similar case, so I made an SLA to reflect the timing from the starting condition, then I created an Automation rule to put a comment to the case whenever this particular SLA was breached. Once the SLA is breached (e.g. 24h in 'Waiting for Customer' state), comment goes in automatically + Customer gets the email notification.

You would have to test & see if this kind of solution is satisfactory for you.

Hi, I don't think it solves my problem. In fact the use case is the following : - The issue is in status "Waiting for customer" - The SLA is for example : 5 Days - The client must get a daily e-mail reminder (before the SLA is breached)

@Alae Loudiyi did you find any solution for this?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

783 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you