JIRA Service Desk: customer wide observer

Is it possible to implement such "user" with current service desk release? I need to have one super-user for a customer, this user should be able to see any tickets created by people from his company - not only his/hers tickets.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi Sebastian,

You can create a JIRA user and grant access just to that customer's project, or you can add him as a participant of all the issues of his company. The request participant has to be added manually to each issue, but there is a feature request in order to have participants added automatically as you can see on JSD-1530.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Just checked this "participant" scenario and this should work for me, however it would be really nice there would be some way to set default participant for project - will note this in JSD-1530.

0 vote

Hi Sebastian,

I could also add the user as an agent on the service desks. This may be a little overkill, since he'll have admin rights, but it's an option.

Yes, but this will consume one of your precious agent licenses - and with pricing of $300 per agent this is a no-go for us :(.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

792 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you