cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk SLA Timer paused when it should be running

Eric Long August 22, 2014

I have the following configuration for SLAs:

SLA Logic

But when I look in the Service Desk Queue, this ticket has its timer paused when the timer should instead be running:

Question: What is the operator used in SLA conditions? In the above example, is it:

Pause On = "Resolution: Set" AND "Status: (2) Queued"

or is it:

Pause On = "Resolution: Set" OR "Status: (2) Queued"

I can't seem to find a pattern to this as our SLA timers appear to be starting/stopping and not obeying the conditions set. If we delete the SLA and create a new one (with exactly the same conditions), it appears to fix prior tickets that were not obeying the conditions. However, new tickets coming in then sporadically stop obeying the conditions again, so our timers/SLAs continue to be running/pausing.

-Eric

3 answers

1 vote
tony carter May 25, 2016

I had the same problem and found the calendar was the problem. I put in the bank (public) holidays for last year and forgot to change them for this year in the SLA section. I changed it to the correct dates and everything works normally.

0 votes
Eric Long August 27, 2014

Confirmed by Atlassian:

SLA timer will be paused while the ticket meets any criteria, so we could say it is Pause On = "Resolution: Set" OR "Status: (2) Queued”.

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2014

probably cause you put status: queued. The ticket is in the queue and has been stopped.

Eric Long August 22, 2014

The configuration is to pause the time when the status is in Queued, but in this case, ticket 11290 is In Progress, but the timer is still paused. I don't understand why it's paused when it doesn't meet the conditions set in the SLA rules.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events