Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk Request's fields not alligned to the project field configuration

Yassin Bennaceur May 24, 2018

hallo Everyone,

I would like to raise a bug in Jira Service Desk.

I noticed that when I a set of custom fields as required in the field configuration settings and then create requests for certain issue type in my project the custom field are seen as required even from the customer portal side.

Now if I set the custom field as Optional from the field configuration I noticed that it stays required on the customer portal side.

Can anyone confirm this as well ?

This is very annoying because I have like 40 custom fields and many request types. Now I have to delete the request's types and create them again so that it consider the new field configuration. Eventually i have to re-configure every request type icon ... fields ...

Thanks for your interrest in my post and answers.

Regards,

Yassin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 24, 2018

Hi @Yassin Bennaceur,

Can you verify if the fields are made required in the project's Request type field configuration?

Configuration.png

In case the field that you are referring to is made required in the configuration then it will appear as a required field on the portal irrespective of the configuration made in field configuration.

You might find this Atlassian document helpful because it clearly explains how the fields can be made required/optional on the portal.

Hope this helps!!.

Regards,

Priyanka

Yassin Bennaceur May 24, 2018

thanks. I had to change all the field back to optional in both field configuration and again in the each request type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events