Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk NOT creating tickets for emails sent to a mailing list

Pierre EK November 11, 2014

Consider the following scenario:

Is this expected? Why is the email retrieved by JIRA Service Desk, but not added as a ticket if the email receiver is not explicitely test1@example.com ?

Appreciate any help smile

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Phuong Doan November 11, 2014

Hi @Pierre El Khoury,

Previously we decided to process only emails which explicitly send to the registered email address. This means TO address in the email must exactly match with the email address in Service Desk Email Settings.

We have realized that decision has cause a lot of limitations and confusions to customer. A new fix is already on the way to release. You can follow the "Fix version/s"  field in the mentioned ticket to know exactly when and which version of Service Desk will have the fix.

Cheers,

Phuong Doan
JIRA Service Desk Engineer 

2 votes
ɹǝʞɐq pɐɹq
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2014

This sounds like a bug and I have raised a bug report on behalf of you at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1108

If test1@example.com is getting emails in their inbox then JSD should pick them up.  We may have some bulk email overrides in play but I would like the JSD team to examine this issue further via the bug report.

EDIT : Ha the team is already on it.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1040

Cheers

Brad Baker
JIRA Service Desk Architect

Carolina Torres March 8, 2017

The issue on the link you provided indicates that this bug has been solved, however I'm having this exact issue on a trial cloud environment of JIRA Service Desk. The only difference is that I'm using the projects default support email (ex: "myproject@myurl.atlassian.net"). I added that email to an existing distribution list (ex: "support@mycompany.com") but the issue was never created. All other addresses in the distribution list received the email, I verified that the person who sent the email had the necessary permissions in the project (I even changed the project's settings to allow anyone to create an issue), but none of this worked.

It appears as if it is necessary for the projects email to be on the "To" field for the issue to be created...

Dhananjayan Munuswamy April 27, 2018

Hi @Carolina Torres

Did you get any further on this issue. We are facing the same issue in SD Cloud.

Thanks, DJ

James Holding May 16, 2018

Same here - this issue is not fixed on the cloud service. Not acceptable. 

Reopen please , how funny that Jira themselves close tickets as resolved when in fact, they are not.  

Like Eric Prescott likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events