Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk - Move All Issues to Another Service Desk Project (from different servers)

MAG-II April 19, 2018

Hello - 

I have a question regarding moving JIRA Service Desk Issues from one project to another. My company uses the server version of JIRA Service Desk. We work with an IT Support company that uses their own server version of JIRA Service Desk. We currently have many tickets on their system, but we would like to create our own JIRA Service Desk Project in order for us to have more access to our tickets. 

Our JIRA Service Desk project is on a different server than our IT Support's JIRA Service Desk project. Is there a way for our team to export all of the tickets from our IT Support's JIRA Service Desk server and import them onto our new project in our server? 

Would I maybe have to export all Issues via SQL in their database and import those Issues onto my company's database/JIRA Service Desk project?

Please forgive my ignorance, as I have never had to do anything like this before. Any help/insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Bartosz Ornatowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for your question.

You can import a single project from a full backup. 

1. Create the backup file on https://<your_instance_address>/secure/admin/XmlBackup!default.jspa page.
2. Put the backup zip file in /var/atlassian/jira/import/ directory.
3. Import the project from https://<your_instance_address>/secure/admin/ProjectImportSelectProject!default.jspa page.

You will see all other projects from that instance, and you can select the appropriate JSD project from the list.

Thank you,
Jira Service Desk

MAG-II April 20, 2018

Hello - 

Thanks a lot for your help. I will give this a try!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events