JIRA Service Desk: Inquiry Type how do I change it?

Steffen Gebhardt October 20, 2017

Hello,

we just customized all of our request types in the way we need them to be.

Now we are having some minor trouble, the source is the Inquiry Type (At least thats how it is called in a german setup).

If you open a request there is on the right side the information

Service Desk-Requests

Inquiry Type: undefined

Channel: JIRA

If I click on the Inquiry Type I can change it only to one thing, the correct thing .... but it does not set it automaticlly. Where do I find the setting for this?

Best regards Steffen

Jira Inquiry Type.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Steffen,

When it shows like that in an issue, it means it was created via a Jira channel and not from the Service Desk itself.

Can you tell me exactly how that issue was created? I can help you to ensure that your requests are actually being created via Service Desk channels.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Steffen Gebhardt October 20, 2017

Hi Shannon,

do you offer phone support? It might be much easier this way.

I ll try to answer your question:

We have a Project called IT-Support which is a Service Desk Projekttyp.

In it there are four Request/Issue? Types (Task, Order, Mail, Problem).

I just figured out that it works well in all but one case.

If you create an Issue from the admin screen via the button on the top left side "create". Thats where the "Inquiry Type" isnt selected automatically (where we manually have to select it) (as seen in the picture on my first contact).

We removed the create button on our customer portal, so they can only access the requests via a link button which is totally ok! And works well.

Also the Mail Requests work well.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Steffen,

That Create button will create the issue via Jira Core and not Jira Service Desk, which is why the Request Type says "no match." This is expected behavior as you can see in this closed bug report:

The same would happen if you were to use the Jira Mail channel instead of the Jira Service Desk mail channel.

The only way that it will show a request type is if:

1. You create the issue via a Customer Portal (not using the Create button).
  2. You create the issue via the Jira Service Desk Mail Channel.

We do have a support article that shows you how to automatically set a request type when creating an issue via Jira:

I'm sorry that we don't offer phone support via Community, but please let me know if any of the above is unclear.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events