JIRA Service Desk - Email Channel Reply / Forward

Abir Stolov November 21, 2017

I'm using the service desk email channel to open issues from mail.

But it doesn't process forward and reply as the same issue.

The use case is:

I'm receiving a support email so I want to track it, so I forward it to the service desk email, but further replies are creating a different issue (Same for reply)

Is there a way to handle it correctly, what is the suggested solution?

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Hi Abir, 

When you say further replies, do you mean that you're replying to the original email that was forwarded and copying the JIRA email?  That would probably create a new issue, because the original email doesn't contain a JIRA issue ID.  

However, if you reply to a notification from JIRA Service Desk (such as the issue created notification), then it will add a comment to the issue instead of creating a new one.  

If you're working with other people and you want to make sure that they reply to the JIRA notification instead of the original email, you can add them as request participants.  That way they will receive notifications of new comments, updates, etc, and they can reply to them via email.

Hope this helps, and if I misunderstood the issue let me know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events