JIRA Service Desk Customers without an account

Sean Hammond December 8, 2017

Hi,

I am looking to use JIRA service desk to log issues from users who wont have an account on the instance. Is there any recommeneded method/plug-in for doing this.

E.g. A service desk agent recieves a call from a user who does not have an account on JIRA. I need to record their name and contact number as a minimum and log an issue for them to be resolved.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2017

Do you not want them to have an account or simply that they do not have an account at the time of the call in? If the latter then the Agent would add them as a Customer at the call in, open the issue (Agent is Reporter) and put the newly added user in as the "Requestor". If the former then you can either include the customer contact in the description or use a custom field for 'customer'.

Sean Hammond December 11, 2017

Thank you for your reply Jack. I believe I will need to use a combination of the two methods you have described to meet my requirements. As some users will be fine with an account and others won't.

I think having a custom field is going to be necessary anyway for both methods also, as I will need to record the callers phone number and I cannot find any way to record this against a user nativly. I have search the marketplace for a solution too but the closest I can find is a CRM plugin which gets close. I don't suppose you know of any plugins that may do this abit cleaner?

Can i also check which field you are refering to when you say 'Requestor', do you mean 'Request participants'? I am using the server version of the product and am unable to locate that field anywhere.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

I don’t use any plugin for adding user profile or contact info but do recall their are a couple in the marketplace. Just search for “custom profile” and you will find them. You can certainly add a custom field for contact number or email but I would prefer a profile solution personally. 

Regarding the Requestor field it should exist in server but I cannot say definitively. A quick check is to use the “where is my field” function when editing an issue. If it exists then you just have to expose on the create screen.

Sean Hammond December 13, 2017

Thanks for you help Jack. I think i'll be able to work with a combination of custom fields and plug-ins.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events