JIRA Service Desk: Can Help Center articles be restricted to Organizations?

Susi Moser July 21, 2017

Hello! :-)

We are evaluating JIRA Service Desk and plan to use it as Self-Hosting (Server). We are going through the documentation and have some questions.

Can the Help Center Articles (Customer Portal) be restricted depending on the Organization?
Example: All Organizations can browse through the same Help Center, but Organization (A) can view some additional help articles that Organization (B), (C) and (D) can’t view. But Organization (C) can view some other additional help articles.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you. :-)

2 answers

1 vote
Susi Moser August 10, 2017

It seem I can add restrictions for knowledge base pages for confuence users or for confluence groups.

But can I also add restrictions for "Portal only users" or organizations?
Our JIRA Service Desk is connected to a Confluence Space. 
("Everyone with access to your service desk can read articles without a Confluence license. This option is best if you want to share knowledge base articles with your customers.")

Emile Paquette June 18, 2018

I have the same issue. We have multiple customer organizations sharing a service desk project, we would like to restrict some KB articles to specific organizations. It does not seem like it is possible...

0 votes
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

Hi Susi, 

Yes - help center articles are on Confluence, and Confluence pages can be restricted.  You can also create groups of users and use those to define the restrictions.  This article might be helpful for you: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

Susi Moser August 6, 2017

Hello Susan, thank you very much for the information. :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events