JIRA Service Desk - Automation - webhook for Slack failing

Susan Hauth Community Champion Sep 26, 2017

I have set up an Automation rule for SLA breaching to trigger a webhook.  The webhook I have specified is a Slack Incoming Webhook.  I have not specified headers.  I have tried with or without including payload.

The automation log shows success. 

The service-desk.log shows this error:

Failed executing ThenAction com.atlassian.servicedesk.plugins.automation.webhook.rulethen.WebhookThenAction asynchronously: 'Received [400 - Bad Request] when posting to webhook URL https://hooks.slack.com/services/T0252S5Q6/B79B.........

Our webhooks from System Admin for regular JIRA to Slack work just fine.  This seems to only be an issue via the Service Desk automation webhook.

Has anyone encountered this problem?  Not sure if next stop should be Atlassian or Slack?

1 answer

0 votes
Josh Steckler Community Champion Sep 27, 2017

Have you looked at the payload contents? Requestbin https://requestb.in/ is very useful for that kind of thing. Normal webhooks give some kind of reason how it was triggered (based on an event or on a transition). I'm curious if the automation rule trigger is posting in a format unfamiliar to Slack.

I would compare the payload from the automation rule to the payload from triggered by event/transition for similarity.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Looking for teams who switched from email to Jira Service Desk

The Jira Service Desk marketing team is working on a guide to help new Atlassian customers switch from email to JSD and we'd love to hear from you! Please share: - What made you realize that i...

251 views 1 6
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you