Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk: Automation, temporary rule assignments when team member is on vacation.

Gary Horning June 13, 2017

Hi,

Here is my situation in JIRA Service Desk:

-I have automated rules for customer issue (ticket) assignment.

-Team members will be starting vacation. I want to temporarily assign their customer tickets to another team member.

Is it possible to 'easily' forward ticket assignments to another team member by using e.g. Team members' global availability feature? Or do I have to go and modify each automation rule seperately?

Thanks for any help!

br:gh

2 answers

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2017

I haven't seen a way to do it either with JIRA.  I have seen a plugin Elevator that seems to be able to do that. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2017

Gary,

it appears you are using Portfolio in addition to JSD. I am not familar w/ Portfolio so can't help there. However, could you not simply create a PTO-Automation rule that looks something like below?

PTO-Automation.jpgThe idea being, when someone is out you can edit the IF portion for the assignee and the dates out. Edit the THEN to redirect. FWIW, in my world all issues come in unassigned and I have a team that triages all incoming issues to set the assignee and work the issues so PTO assignments aren't an issue.

I understand the desire to have this automated based upon the resources availability for sure and maybe using Portfolio or Team Calanders there is a way. Just not sure myself.

Gary Horning June 13, 2017

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the tip. Your suggestion looks promising.

If it works I could in theory create a single rule to take care of this. I'll run some tests to verify.

br:gh

Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Hi @Gary Rafter Hornin,

we've had the same requirement and ended up creating a Plugin which we have Published for Jira Cloud.

You didn't really mention if you use Server or Cloud, so my apologies if this doesn't apply to you.

Maybe our Out of Office Plugin for Jira Cloud is a sensible solution to your requirements.

We are also very interested in Feedback ...

Cheers,
Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events