Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk Automation - Add watcher or request participant

Jimmy Liang July 19, 2017

Is it possible to add a watcher or request participant using the build in JIRA service desk automation tool?  There's a CC field, but that's not the same as watcher or request participant. 

4 answers

1 vote
Rodney Sawyer July 19, 2017

Wait... it is possible I am misunderstanding your question.. if you are trying to add the participant on create. That is not currently possible.  There is a feature request to allow this here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1511

Jimmy Liang July 19, 2017

What I'm trying to automate:  When an issue is created, if a particular field is set to a specific option, then Joe Smith user will be added as a request participant or watcher.

I'm using the edit issue action and trying to edit the request participant field and/or watcher field: Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 10.56.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 10.56.33 AM.png
This should be a built in option :/

Yeah.. .that is not currently available.  I wanted to do soemthing similar and ended up using the sriptrunner solution.

I agree it should be built in.  Make sure you vote on that ticket, they do take our voices seriously.  

0 votes
Mario Fiedler September 13, 2019

I tried to recreate @Rodney Sawyer's suggestion, but i don't have "Request participants" or "Watcher" in the selection.

2019-09-13 15_02_14-Automation - Service Desk.png

We are using Service Desk version 8.3.3

Does anyone have any idea what that's all about?

0 votes
Heather R April 16, 2019
0 votes

Yes... you can see the automation solution below the scriptrunner solution here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automatically-add-request-participants-when-creating-an-issue-777026955.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events