JIRA Service Desk 2.0

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

I've been investigating about this new pricing options on Service Desk 2.0 and for the server version mentions something about "perpetual license" but support and updates for a year.

Does anybody know what this means?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Judd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2014

Hi Ramiro,

I found some information about this in our purchasing FAQ for you. Basically it means that you get technical support and updates for 12 months, but that you can keep using the product for as long as you want after that. You can also renew the maintenance at your discretion for another 12 months of technical support and updates.

Judd

Designer, JIRA Service Desk

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

Thank you very much for the answer. I noticed this observation: Please note: maintenance renewals commence from the date the previous maintenance period expires, regardless of when the maintenance renewal was purchased. What happens if I don't want to pay the renewal one year and in the next year I want to pay again? Does this mean that I would have to pay for the two even though I didn't use the first renewal?

Adam Hynes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2014

Hi Ramiro, Yes, that's correct. You're maintenance renewal is always backdated to when it originally expired. Sometimes in this scenario, depending on much time has passed since your maintenance expired, it can be more cost-effective to purchase a new license rather than renewing your maintenance period. Adam Developer, JIRA Service Desk

Judd
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2014

I believe so yes. Depending on your circumstances, in that situation it might be more advisable to purchase a new license. See also this question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/223586/expired-license-renew-or-purchase-a-new-one

1 vote
Norman Spurr September 10, 2014

The perpetual licence includes 1yr of 'free' updates as new versions come out. After this you pay a portion of the initial licence cost as 'maintenance' to retain access to ongoing updates

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events