Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Agile and Jira Service Desk

Russell Hunt March 5, 2014

We are currently running JIRA for our development team, we would also like to run JIRA service desk. Is it possible for the two to run on the same server?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2014

They're actually both add-ons.

You run Jira. Then you add neither, one or both of the add-ons as you want. Or run two separate Jiras, one with each. Or whatever suits you.

For what it's worth, I know of several installs with one Jira and both plugins. They don't really work closely together, they're for very different users, but it's good having it all in one place

The documentation on the Atlassian website leads you to believe they are seperate instances, thanks for the clarification. I suspect that if we run them together the Service Desk licence would need to match our main JIRA licence.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2014

Does it? Must admit, I'm a bit closer to them than a lot of users, and haven't actually read the blurb... If it's unclear though, it's worth poking them - which page was it?

Yes, your licences will need to match - if you go for 500 Jira users, you'll need 500 Agile seats and 500 Service Desk seats. But... the licence model for Service Desk is going to change soon (I have no idea what they're doing, but they have said they're going to deal with the cases where you have say 1,000 users, but only 50 Jira "developers", and only 3 helpdesk operatives - i.e. it seems a bit much to have to pay for 950 people who don't actually need/want to log in!)

its not really one page as it is the way the product is presented. if you follow it through to pricing you are given 3 distict paths. Before they renamed it all you new you had the JIRA project and then could add greenhopper, bonfire as plugs. Perhaps its just me but i havent seen anywhere that says the Service Desk is a plugin.

Yeah that pricing model is a sticking point, we only have 3 helpdesk guys so we may just run the trial version for a while and see what they change to the pricing.

Sylvia Lindsey June 18, 2015

If you use this model, are you able to ensure that ServiceDesk users can only see their own tickets? We use Service Desk as our ticketing system and we need to ensure users only see their own tickets or tickets they are watchers on. For the Jira/Agile side, our users will track their projects and want everyone to be able to view them. Is this possible in the same instance? Thanks, Sylvia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events