JETI sending comments to service desk customers when restricted comments to internal only selected.

Joel Cumberland September 25, 2014

HI Guys,

Has any one had any trouble with the JETI addon when sending "internal only" comments the JETI addon will send an email to the customer via the service desk addon?

It seems when the comment event is triggered JETI thinks my service-desk-customer group is apart of the service-desk-team group (im guessing). My group service-desk-customers is in the Service Desk Customers Project roles only, so Im not sure why it sends emails when the "Internal only" comments is selected. 

My Environment:

JIRA - 6.3.5

Service Desk - 2.0.2

JETI - 5.4.1.3

Any help appreciated

Thanks,

Joel

4 answers

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 5, 2015

Hi,

we are releasing a solution for this problem.

please follow this issue: JETI-941

Tibor

0 votes
Sascha Schwegelbauer March 4, 2015

Same problem here - JETI handles internal comments exactly like public comments and that - without question - is a problem.

0 votes
Hayneedle Jira February 3, 2015

But now there is no way to create internal only comments.  The team has the need to append information to the issue that is not visible to the customers. 

0 votes
Joel Cumberland October 11, 2014

After doing some more investigating I looked at the modules section of the service desk addon and found this module "service-desk-comment-field" so I thought I'll try disabling it and see what happens, after disabling it has put the comment box back to using the dropdown security selection. After disabling this module I started testing, sending emails notifications on the comment events and it seems to be OK now, so for now I've figured out a work around for this problem.

Might be useful for someone with the same problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events