JETI sending comments to service desk customers when restricted comments to internal only selected.

HI Guys,

Has any one had any trouble with the JETI addon when sending "internal only" comments the JETI addon will send an email to the customer via the service desk addon?

It seems when the comment event is triggered JETI thinks my service-desk-customer group is apart of the service-desk-team group (im guessing). My group service-desk-customers is in the Service Desk Customers Project roles only, so Im not sure why it sends emails when the "Internal only" comments is selected. 

My Environment:

JIRA - 6.3.5

Service Desk - 2.0.2

JETI - 5.4.1.3

Any help appreciated

Thanks,

Joel

4 answers

After doing some more investigating I looked at the modules section of the service desk addon and found this module "service-desk-comment-field" so I thought I'll try disabling it and see what happens, after disabling it has put the comment box back to using the dropdown security selection. After disabling this module I started testing, sending emails notifications on the comment events and it seems to be OK now, so for now I've figured out a work around for this problem.

Might be useful for someone with the same problem.

But now there is no way to create internal only comments.  The team has the need to append information to the issue that is not visible to the customers. 

Same problem here - JETI handles internal comments exactly like public comments and that - without question - is a problem.

Hi,

we are releasing a solution for this problem.

please follow this issue: JETI-941

Tibor

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

974 views 2 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you