JEMHC Notify of comments only not status change

Michael June 29, 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Jira Enterprise Mail Handler Cloud JEMHC for our customer support mailbox.

I can’t find how to set up email notifications so that the external reporter non-jira user will only get notified of comments. Not all of the jira update events.

In the JEMHC notifications section there only seems to be 3 issue event options, create, update and delete. If I unselect the update event then there is no notification of comments. However, when I enable the update notifications, it notifies of jira status changes which we don’t want going to our external customers.

Does anyone know if there is some way to configure JEMHC so that the external customers (reporters) will only receive an email for public comments sent using the service desk “reply to customer”?

I noticed that the JEMH documentation mentioned event listeners that look like they could be configured for this kind of thing, however the JEMHC documentation does have this.

Maybe this is a Cloud limitation?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2020

Hi,

The way issue events work in Cloud is a bit different to Server. Here's one way that you can control what notifications get sent out:

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JEMHC/pages/47218713/Inhibit+notifications+based+on+run-time+conditions

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events