JEMH Allow Approval Through Email Permissions

Deleted user October 19, 2017

I have set up an alias "approve" set to transition a service request to the next workflow step. Using a test case, that seems to work fine but it sees that the validation is failing. I have assigned the issue to myself and set myself as the approver, and I have admin, developer, and team member access to the project. According to the results, the test case is running as me, as expected. Below is what I am getting in the workflow section after running the test case (abridged):

• Running supplied Directive workflow transition as emailSenderUserOnly (username=jmarchionna, key=jmarchionna)
  • Validation of Manual Transition to actionID #901 (Approved) IS NOT valid
  • As [jmarchionna,key=jmarchionna], the Manual Directive driven workflow transition of [TEST-5] through actionID #901 (Approved) could not be VALIDATED.
  • It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Approved) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (TEST-5). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.

The issue has not been modified, nor is 'Approved' not valid, when I look at the issue after running this, I can approve it manually in the UI without any problems. I have also run the permission checker and I have no issues editing the issue or transitioning the issue.

Thoughts?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 25, 2017

So JEMH cannot approve or deny issues through email any longer using the standard approval logic in Service Desk: 

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-5010

This is deceptive as all of the documentation says it is possible.

0 votes
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2020

For anyone coming across this question - since JEMH 2.7.0 there is support for triggering Jira Service Desk approvals via JEMH Directives. For example, using the @ prefix processor, with the following 2 lines at the top of an email:

@jsd.approval=waiting for approval

@jsd.approval.decision=approved

The name of the approval to approve/deny must be specified via jsd.approval and then a decision can be supplied via jsd.approval.decision

The email sender must be in the list of approvers for the issue to be able to trigger an approval.

0 votes
Deleted user October 31, 2017

Hi Joe,

I do not think that the documentation is deceptive or misleading, all of the documentation is written in relation to standard JIRA workflows, likely the documentation was written before JSD approval's were implemented, JSD approvals are an additional feature on top of workflow transitions and have never been supported by JEMH.

We are investigating adding support for the JSD approval process, the issue you link above tracks the progress of this, please comment and vote on the issue so that we know it needs prioritising. Currently JSD is blocking the validation of the workflow transition, this will require investigation to see if we can resolve this.

Kind Regards,

Reece

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events