It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issues received via the email channel sorted based on the issue key in the subject of the email

We have an instance of Jira Service Desk which has multiple projects, each attached to a different customer service email address, to manage our products. 

We have found that if a customer emails into project A (by emailing project A's email address) with an issue key that is present in a different project, project B, then this email is captured as a comment within project B. 

Is there a way for the Service Desk to sort emails based upon the email address that is contacted rather than the subject of the email sent?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jul 30, 2020

This seems familiar. I reported this back in February - JSDCLOUD-5137 . It was fixed in Cloud but i don't see a server bug linked here. You might wish to report to Atlassian Support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

1,105 views 7 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you