Issue with transition to Waiting for Customer

cgriffin86 June 14, 2017

When I Respond to Customer and share the comment, the status transitions to Waiting for Customer and then automatically back to Waiting for Support. If I Respond to Customer and make an internal comment, the status stays at Waiting for Customer. I can only figure that it is based upon my notification settings and the fact that I get notified on comments entered. But I wouldn't think that should make a difference.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2017

I had this issue when I first started with JSD. As I recall it had to do with the fact that by default the automation was setup to transition back to Waiting for Support if any comment was made. I suggest you look at the Transition on Comment rule. I have mine with the IF setup as below

cgriffin86 June 14, 2017

Thank you. That sounds likely, however, I don't see your IF setup.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2017

sigh...a limitation or interop bug with Safari and pasting. let's try again.

Automation_-_Service_Desk.jpg

cgriffin86 June 14, 2017

I will give that a try. Thank you.

Gernot September 25, 2017

Hi,

my rules are all fine but nevertheless I still get a transition error (see screenshot)

This only occures for the second comment coming from the service desk. (First reply is fine) When customer comments on the issue the transition is fine. But the 2nd SD comment fails

Has anyone ever seen such error ?

Thanks,
Gernot

grafik.png

grafik.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2017

@Gernot,

it is usually best to create a new issue for those questions answered this encourages a clean thread. With that said let’s dive in here...

Typically the transition should occur when you use the transition button not the public comment button, IMO. I think the transition button is “Reply to customer” but don’t have my instance in front of me at the moment. So can you confirm whether you are using the “Reply to customer” means or the “Share with customer” comment? The reason for this is that you don’t always want to transition when you share a comment. Generally you want the transition to be directly actioned. 

However, looking at you automation above it appears that maybe you are using “share with customer” comments to transition. If that is indeed desired then we will need to peel the onion a bit more.

Gernot September 29, 2017

@Jack BrickeyEverything working fine now, thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events