Issue with deleting request types from a project

Natalie Lloyd December 13, 2018

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with deleting request types from a project (Jira cloud)? When I select to delete a request type, it churns away on the 'delete' screen. I have let it hang there for 15 minutes!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2018

Hello Natalie,

Per your description, I believe you are facing the following bug:

Unable to delete request type associated with email requests

This problem happens when your request type is associated with an E-mail request and the issue type is not associated with the project.

Please, confirm if you are hitting this bug by checking the steps described on it. If that's the case, Associate the issue type back to the issue type scheme of your project and you will be able to remove it.

We will be waiting to know if that works for you.

Natalie Lloyd December 13, 2018

Thanks Petterson. That worked for me!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2018

You are welcome, Natalie.

Have a nice day.

Colleen Cottone June 12, 2019

I was trying to delete the Issue Types since they were not associated with the project - which was why it was so confusing. I just associated all Issue types with the Request Types, then deleted everything I didn't need, all is well now. Thank you! 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
June 13, 2019

I'm glad to know my answer has helped you, Colleen.

Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events