Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with customer notification

Carole Wai Hai June 21, 2018

Hi there,

We are using JIRA Service Desk cloud version and it seems like the Customer notification when a public comment is made is not working.

It worked perfectly yesterday, then I disabled the customer notification on "Request created" and today public comment notification are not send nor to the requester or the assignee (even after I re-enabled notification at "request creation" just in case).

Is it a known bug, or is there another setting elsewhere I should check?

I saw this issue on JSD server and wonder if it could be the same, and if so how to solve it on cloud? https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/JSD-does-not-send-customer-notifications-throws-java-lang/qaq-p/671953

Best

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2018

@Carole Wai Hai, welcome to the community!

I don't suspect the link you mention is related to your issue. I also doubt that the change to Request Created caused this.

Please check the following:

• Have you used the notification helper to see what it tells you? If not please do.
  • Under Project > Settings > Notifications what do you have for Issue Commented?
  • Under Project > Settings > Customer Notifications is Public Comment Added enabled?
  • Likely not your issue but please check this thread dealing w/ having your agents as customers.

LMK what you find.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events