Issue while developing a plugin from the tutorial - Adding content to the JIRA View Issue

Pavan Nagidi July 18, 2017

Hello Team,

I am new to plugin development. I am trying to build a plugin by following the tutorial available for Atlassian developers. Below is the link that I followed.

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/issues/tutorial-adding-content-to-the-jira-view-issue-page

I am getting the following error while in the Due Date screen - "Error rendering 'com.example.plugins.tutorial.tutorial-jira-add-content-to-view-issue-screen:due-date-indicator'. Please contact your JIRA administrators"DueDateError.png

Can someone help me out in overcoming this issue? Please let me know what details you require so that I can provide you accordingly.

Thanks

Pavan

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

Can you check the logs (atlassian-jira.log) and see if there are any errors that might indicate the cause?

Hello Jobin,

I haven't imported that to any of my instances but trying to access that via localhost and 2990 port. I have installed Jira Service Desk on the same machine where i am trying to create a plugin. So should I still check the same log?

Thanks

Pavan

via http://localhost:2990/jira

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

Assuming that you are running via atlas-run, you can see the logs in the same command window. Are you not seeing any errors other than what you are seeing in the UI?

Pavan Nagidi July 20, 2017

I am sorry for the delay. I will check and get back to you.

Thanks

Pavan

Pavan Nagidi July 24, 2017

Hi Jobin,

I am getting the below error.

Running ut.com.example.plugins.tutorial.MyComponentUnitTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.268 sec <<< FA
ILURE!
testMyName(ut.com.example.plugins.tutorial.MyComponentUnitTest) Time elapsed: 0
.01 sec <<< ERROR!
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
MyPluginComponent cannot be resolved to a type
MyPluginComponentImpl cannot be resolved to a type

at ut.com.example.plugins.tutorial.MyComponentUnitTest.testMyName(MyComp
onentUnitTest.java:14)

Thanks

Pavan

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2017

It looks like you have removed the default component classes from the plugin but they are still part of the unit tests. Check your tests and correct them or remove them as appropriate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events