cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue security for Organizations

Johannes November 4, 2019

Hello,

I have the following situation:

We have a JSD project "central project" with issue security levels for different issue types and user groups.

Other projects ("project a, project b,...") have a workflow transition in which a linked ticket in the "central project" gets created.

The problem now is that users who only have access to "project a" should not see the "central project" tickets which were created from "project b".
I can set the Issue Security so that the user of "project a" has access to the newly created ticket in the "central project" by adding "Reporter" to the security level. But the other users of his organization will then not have access to the ticket even if the Organization field is filled in the new ticket.
Is there a possiblity to add the Organization to the Issue Security level?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Johannes

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Just a thought, maybe you could use Groups? If yes, then a Group Select Field custom field would do the trick. You just need to set it accordingly (project a or b users).

There's also the possibility to synchronize groups and organizations, but you would need an app for that.

Johannes November 5, 2019

Thanks, that's a good idea. I will add a custom group field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events