Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue from email

Mike Borisov October 25, 2018

Hello.

When we tryed to configure "issue creation from email" for any customers, we had an error about user licensing. How to setup issue creation from email for customers without license(not agens)? We enable "public" option, enable "anyone can create issue from email" but it work for licensed users(agents) oly=|. How to set permissions for unlicensed customers to "issue from email" creation?

1 answer

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2018

Hi Mike,

First things first. Check this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/set-up-customer-permissions-732528940.html

Now, you need to know that Jira Service Desk has it's own Mail Handler and you may get an anomalous behaviour if you try to use your Jira Mail Handler. It can be used, but have limitations, probably related to the licenses.

Check this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/receiving-requests-by-email-747602718.html

Mike Borisov October 25, 2018

Hi,

im saw this links and checked global permissions several times but still cant understand where is the problem with permissions. Do i need to change any permissions in schemas or smthng like that? I bought ServiceDesk $10 3 license pack for agents test, but many guides describe how public customers can send issues via email without license. Maybe smthng wrong with my license understanding...

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2018

Not global permission, check Customer Permission in your project and also configure the Jira Service Desk mail handler, not the Jira Mail Handler

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events