Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Creation Problem

Klaenyza Pritchard October 30, 2014

Hi,

I forwarded an inquiry to my project service desk, but when it turned out that it wasn't the email I meant to forward I deleted it from the service desk. After I deleted the unneeded issue, the system started auto populating the same request once every minute and kept sending me emails for each one. Every time I deleted a duplicate issue, another several were created. This continued for roughly 3 hours even after I stopped trying to delete the duplicates. Now I have more than 200 duplicate issues that I am afraid to delete for fear that the whole thing will start over again. Can you help figure out what the issue is and let me know how to prevent it from happening again?

Also, is there a way to delete all of the duplicate issues at once instead of trying to delete them one by one?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Cesar Salvado
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2014

For deleting issues you could créate a filter and you could use operation bulk.

Regards

0 votes
Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2014

Sounds as though the message isn't being removed from the inbox and so continues being pulled into JIRA by the incoming mail handler each time it runs. At least I've seen that in my experience, and that turned out to be an issue with Exchange.

• Can you check the inbox that JIRA is listening to for this JSD project and see if your forwarded message is still there?  
  • What do you see in the atlassian-jira.log as far as errors, or creation from email details, or issue deletion details?
  • Potentially you're creating new issues from notifications being copied to the inbox when the issue is deleted....I've seen a crazy email / comment loop before, but it was related to bounce-backs from a deprecated user account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events