Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a bug In JIRA Service Desk?

David Mora September 16, 2014

I am working with custom security levels within a Issue Security Scheme and i think I may have found a bug in JIRA. I have X amount of different groups and X amount of different security levels that pertain to each one of those groups. This means group A can only see issues with Security Level "None" And Security Level "A" and the same with every other group. I have also created a custom field that allows individual users to be selected. I have called this field "CC". When creating an issue I can set the security level and choose any users in the CC field without a problem and the chosen users can see the issue. The problem is once the issue has been submitted and I try to add users to the CC field, I get an error stating "Users do not have permission to browse issue: X user, Y user" How can they not have permission when I am able to add them on issue creation?

3 answers

0 votes
David Mora September 17, 2014

Sorry. I added the custom field CC to the security Level and it still gives me the same error.

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

You have to add the Cc custom field (user picker) to the issue security level.

David Mora September 17, 2014

I did add it and its not a problem when I add people to the CC field at issue creation time but if I later on try to add more people after the issue is submitted then I get the error.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

How did you set the custom field (CC) to apply to the security levels? You skipped by that bit and I think that it's relevant.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events