Is there something the matter with attaching images to Service Desk Requests?

Jim Baker August 29, 2017

I have seen a few posts like this from our "customer" users:

2017-08-29 23_00_15-[IVITS-511].png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jim Baker September 11, 2017

Found a support issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5424

Workaround seems to be posting one image to a request, then saving the request, then adding issues and saving them individually after that.

0 votes
Jim Baker August 31, 2017

Thanks Jack,

Here's another example.

The user was trying to add two images to the request, and instead, each time after the first image was added, it added another copy of the first image, rather than the next one she copied.

2017-08-31 08_45_22-[IVITS-499]-JIRA.png

The first customer, in my original post, was in Colorado, using Chrome.

The Service Desk customer in this comment is in Massachusetts, using Firefox.  

Basically, they're using Windows snipper to put images onto the clipboard, and then paste them wtih CTRL-V into the request.

When it works, it's a great improvement over needing to save the image file first, and then upload it.

I think I saw another example somewhere else, I'll keep my eyes peeled, and post it here when I find it.

If there's other information I can provide to help understand the issue, please let me know.

Regards,

Jim

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2017

@Jim Baker, I don't have experience with the tool but expect is either a compatibility issue w/ the tool or the paste action. I have to say that I have had mixed result w/ pasting images in Atlassian applications including the Community. Sometimes it works and some times i get a broken image lozenge. I typically save the image on my laptop and then browse/insert. 

I would suggest having your customer try this and see if it works. I would also suggest reaching out to Atlassian Support on this issue.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

@Jim Baker,

can you provide more info? There isn't much to go on. It seems like what your customer is saying is that they are adding an attachment but some other file is actually attached. This seems very odd indeed. Have you been able to recreate?

Jim Baker August 31, 2017

Thanks, Jack.  I posted more information in a subsequent "answer."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events