Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there some way in JIRA that I can register the advance of an issue in percentage?

Daisy Gaona September 26, 2017

Is there some way in JIRA that I can register the advance of an issue in terms of percentage?

I know that JIRA gives you the information about the time remained (based on estimated time), but I'm not talking about time. I'm talking about the progress of a task. Because you may have sub-estimated a task, and it shows that you're using all the time but the task is not completed. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

On the parent issues, you can toggle the inclusion of the sub-tasks on and off.  In report (mostly the issue navigator) there are a set of "sigma" fields for pulling the accumulated numbers out.

If that is not what you mean, then you are going to need to explain how you are measuring "progress" - what's the quantifiable numbers you are putting on issues?

Daisy Gaona September 28, 2017

Now I do not have any field to register the advance, I just have the estimated and the remained time, but, again, If you made a bad estimation of the task, and you're using all the time but the task is, -for example- at 60% (not completed), I don't have the way to inform that.  I think I can create a customized field for that purpose. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

If you have one of the scripting add-ons, then yes, a scripted field could easily work out a percentage from time estimated vs logged or remaining.  You'd want two fields - one for each issue, and one for parent issues that accumulates the child issue values.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events