Is there some way in JIRA that I can register the advance of an issue in percentage?

Is there some way in JIRA that I can register the advance of an issue in terms of percentage?

I know that JIRA gives you the information about the time remained (based on estimated time), but I'm not talking about time. I'm talking about the progress of a task. Because you may have sub-estimated a task, and it shows that you're using all the time but the task is not completed. 

1 answer

0 vote

On the parent issues, you can toggle the inclusion of the sub-tasks on and off.  In report (mostly the issue navigator) there are a set of "sigma" fields for pulling the accumulated numbers out.

If that is not what you mean, then you are going to need to explain how you are measuring "progress" - what's the quantifiable numbers you are putting on issues?

Now I do not have any field to register the advance, I just have the estimated and the remained time, but, again, If you made a bad estimation of the task, and you're using all the time but the task is, -for example- at 60% (not completed), I don't have the way to inform that.  I think I can create a customized field for that purpose. 

If you have one of the scripting add-ons, then yes, a scripted field could easily work out a percentage from time estimated vs logged or remaining.  You'd want two fields - one for each issue, and one for parent issues that accumulates the child issue values.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

784 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you