Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to remove or rename the "General" group in the Customer Portal?

Paul Hempsall February 9, 2014

I'm a newbie to the world of Jira and Service Desk, so please excuse my ignorance.

I'm trying to delete (or rename) the default "General" group from the Customer Portal. I'd prefer to have a group named something like "Popular Requests".

I can't seem to find an option on the Customer Portal >> Request Types screen to support this.

I've searched the documentation and the answers site, but haven't been successfull at finding resolution. Would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2014

You can add a new group by simply start typing in the Groups column of the Customer Portal configuration screen.

You'll then be able to replace the General group by a new one :)

Cheers

Paul Hempsall February 17, 2014

Thanks Mauro for your reply. Please accept my apology for the slow response - work has been crazy the last few days.

I had created a new Group, however I still didn't see an option for removing the olg General group.

Now when I visit the Customer Portal > Requests Types screen, the page gets stuck on the loading spiral (see screenshot below). I've waiting in excess of 10 min for the page to finish (it used to be fast), but the spiral persists. I've tried reindexing in the hope that it might resolve this, however this hasn't worked either.

This problem has been apparent for a few days.

We're not in a rush for the Customer Portal just yet, so this isn't a critical issue for me at present.

Paul Hempsall February 17, 2014

Not sure what's going on in my previous comment. When I edit the Comment I can see the screenshot I added, but it's not showing in the normal view.

Anyway, not a big deal. Screenshot is of the Customer Portal > Requests Types screen showing the loading spiral under the Customer Portal Name & Intro Text table

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2014

The bug regarding the loading spiral when accessing the Request Types screen is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-306and there is a workaround to do until the fix is deployed.

When adding groups to the Request Type, on the Group label an x should appear to remove them.

If you are still having problems, feel free to create a support request at support.atlassian.com where we can have a closer look at the instance and solve the problem. :)

Cheers,
Mauro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events