It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there an option to have multiple incoming email handlers for ServiceDesk?

Bob Sellers Apr 19, 2019

Our Service Desk allows for incidents and requests to be submitted. Jira Service Desk allows for only one incoming mail handler to auto assign to an issue type. Can more than one be configured? 

I can create a custom mail handler in Jira Software but the incoming mail is not handled the same way. Example: Confirmation of receiving the email and the survey upon closure.

Any ideas on how to "auto assign"?

thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto Apr 19, 2019

Jira Service Desk has it's unique mail handler which will create an issue with a Request Type and uses the Customer Notification Scheme (Confirmation of receiving the request/Satisfaction survey) you can unfortunately only tie it to a single Request Type.

You could look at an automation plugin that recognizes a keyword and triages issues into a separate Request/Issue Type. Or else use the standard Jira mail handlers, but as you said they won't use the Customer Notifications and won't tie issues to a Request Type.

0 votes
Mikhail Ershov Apr 19, 2019

Have you tried to use automation rules? It looks like this is what you are looking for.

Bob Sellers Apr 19, 2019

Yes, I just found them. My last job, we created our own ServiceDesk front end to Jira (the year Atlassian announced ServiceDesk) and we were doing it with the custom mail handlers.

This is doing it after the issue is created rather than prior to.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

4 changes to queues and issues you don’t want to miss

Hello Atlassian Community! I'm Tania, a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Jira Service Desk Cloud! I'm excited to announce some exciting improvements coming up for those who work with queues and...

515 views 9 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you