Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an option to have multiple incoming email handlers for ServiceDesk?

Bob Sellers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2019

Our Service Desk allows for incidents and requests to be submitted. Jira Service Desk allows for only one incoming mail handler to auto assign to an issue type. Can more than one be configured? 

I can create a custom mail handler in Jira Software but the incoming mail is not handled the same way. Example: Confirmation of receiving the email and the survey upon closure.

Any ideas on how to "auto assign"?

thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2019

Jira Service Desk has it's unique mail handler which will create an issue with a Request Type and uses the Customer Notification Scheme (Confirmation of receiving the request/Satisfaction survey) you can unfortunately only tie it to a single Request Type.

You could look at an automation plugin that recognizes a keyword and triages issues into a separate Request/Issue Type. Or else use the standard Jira mail handlers, but as you said they won't use the Customer Notifications and won't tie issues to a Request Type.

0 votes
Mikhail Ershov April 19, 2019

Have you tried to use automation rules? It looks like this is what you are looking for.

Bob Sellers
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2019

Yes, I just found them. My last job, we created our own ServiceDesk front end to Jira (the year Atlassian announced ServiceDesk) and we were doing it with the custom mail handlers.

This is doing it after the issue is created rather than prior to.

Thanks!

Muhammad Bilal May 27, 2019

Hi Bob,

I have been trying to figure out the problem regarding ''MAIL HANDLER'' we have the app Email this issue, plus i have activated some settings on the GLOBAL MAIL SETTINGS as well, now the problem is when the unknown customer send the request to the portal we can not receive it. Yes i have already turned it on the settings'' any one can send the request''. I think my problem is with the mail handler. I really have to fix this issue asap. By the way i am getting these error as below.

1) The message was rejected because it is a bulk mail. (By handler) -->SD Bulk filter ? what is SD Bulk filter?

2) The message was rejected because it is an automated delivery status message. ( By handler ) --->Delivery-status email filter

3)) Signup is not currently available ---> Service Desk Mail Handler ( already activated the configuration any one can send the request )

Because we have clients from unknown email ID's. Please advice 

Bob Sellers
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2019

Refer to the following items:

1. When creating your mail handler, this is an option listed to assist with the handling of bulk mail items named "Bulk". 
    1. Action that will be performed for emails with the 'Precedence: bulk' or emails with an 'Auto-Submitted' header that is not set to "no".
  2. This could be referencing the Bulk mail option as well.
  3. I do not understand your question.
Muhammad Bilal May 28, 2019

Hi Bob,

The bulk tab is already enabled and have been set to '' ACCEPT''. Any how it is working fine for me now. It is sometimes very difficult to understand the mail handler. 

Thank you so much for your feedback :) 

Cheers, have a great day!!

Regards

Muhammad BILAL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events