Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to setup "companies" and customers?

Philippe Mesritz May 29, 2015

https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/MZBlJw walks through how to setup a customer in Service Desk.

The apparently challenge that exists is that you can't define that Jim, Frank and Bob are in company A, much less that you can designate Jim as a super at company A to see all issues that Company A has.  

Am I missing something or is this a feature that is possibly being considered?

3 answers

1 vote
David Stoner May 29, 2015

You can achieve some of this by using the Custom Field. Customer Domain.

This is calculated automatily and populated with the @companya.com based on the reporters email address.

You can also use the Automation Plugin, to set the collaborator to the super, for all issues raised by anyone in companya.com based on a query.

0 votes
Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

I realise this is an old thread, but I'm posting this in case anyone else is looking for the same thing.

We have built an add-on that adds CRM functionality to JIRA Cloud. It allows you to define companies (such as company A) and contacts (Jim, Frank and Bob) and link them together. Each company and contact can hold all kinds of useful information, such as email address and phone number.

You can link companies and contacts to issues, which makes it easy to access the information from the issue. And, of course, there is an overview of all issues per company or contact.

It's called Relations for JIRA CRM, it's currently only available for JIRA Cloud and you can find it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/nl.avisi.jira.plugins.relations-for-jira/cloud/overview

0 votes
Philippe Mesritz June 3, 2015

It's an interesting approach and would work for more than 80% of our customers.  There's a few it won't (same domain, different organization & different "customer" of ours), but I'll have to look into this as a possible work around.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events