Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to set up an auto-assign workflow based on the service desk customer's organisation

Deleted user November 6, 2017

Here is my Use Case:

Any tickets raised by Service Desk customers within an organisation are auto-assigned to another customer within the organisation to verify the issue raised before any SD agent reviews it.

Is this possible? 

Thanks,

Danny

1 answer

1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

Hi Danny,

By Service desk definition only Agents can be assigned to issues in a service desk. 

You could use the approvals functionality for that other customer to approve (review) the issue first.

Hope that helps

Susan

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your help, this would indeed solve the majority of my problem. However I am unable to set this up; once I select a status to use as the approval I cannot seem to find how to active the approval functionality. 

Approval.png

I have repeatedly reviewed the documentation as to the source of my dilemma.

Thanks,

Danny

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

Hi Danny,

Is the workflow an inactive one?  Because weirdly you can only get that Approval checkbox when editing active workflows

Susan

Yes, it is inactive. To confirm, I need to activate the workflow before I get the option?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2017

Yes,

Make the workflow active.  Then edit it and you will see that option come up for setting approvals.

Danny _Newcastle_UK_ November 8, 2017

Perfect this has worked. Thanks Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events