Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to set the Assignee field as 'Unassigned' instead of 'Automatic' when creating a task

Prasadie Senadheera December 7, 2017

Is there a way to set the Assignee field as 'Unassigned' instead of 'Automatic' when creating a task or a bug?

As at now I have set Default assignee to Unassigned instead of Project lead, but still all the new tasks and bugs that are created are assigned to Project Lead by default.

http://jira-user.atlassian.narkive.com/Sd5Ivaiz/assignee-field-unassigned-by-default-instead-of-automatic

As per the above thread, my settings are correct and it should work in the way I expect, But it is actually NOT!

Can someone help me resolve this?

JIRABUG.png

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2017

Not sure why you're looking at threads a decade old, but I'd recommend not bothering from now on.

The current behaviour is that you set a default assignee in the project settings.  This can be project lead, unassigned, or component lead (or the odd case of "project default).

When you create an issue, the assignee defaults to "automatic", which is the setting for "read project setup"

Mark Peterson October 31, 2019

If they are not relevant then purge them.

Like Amulya Uppala likes this
0 votes
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Hi,

you can set the assignee in your workflow. Click the create transition and navigate to its post functions. Then add a new post function with the type "update issue field" and choose "assignee" with the field value "unassigned".

This should work.

Prasadie Senadheera December 11, 2017

Hi,

Thanks a lot! I tried this, but still doesn't work. I added a post function and then created a test task to check this. It still getting assigned to project lead. Did I miss any step?

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Maybe you need to change your dafault assignee under Project Settings > Users and Roles. At the top you will find your default settings.

Edit: Sorry, you said you already did that.

Have you tried to change the default assigne for the components?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events