Is there a way to restrict access to service desk menu items by customer group?

Ronald Marion November 13, 2014

We'd like to be able to restrict certain menu items on the Service Desk for use only by a certain group of customers.  For example, we'd only like to allow department managers to access service desk requests associated with requesting new user account creation.  Is there a way to restrict access in this way?

3 answers

1 vote
Lindsay Barton November 17, 2014

If a customer has access to a Service Desk, he/she has access to all request types in the customer portal.

Another option would be to set up a separate Service Desk for department managers. If you restrict access to this second Service Desk, then your regular employees (and department managers) will have access to the original Service Desk, but only department managers will have access to the new Service Desk.

I recommend this solution wholeheartedly if you're using Service Desk 2.x, as you will be able to give your customers a "portal of portal" that is a landing page for all customer portals (see the second screenshot). If you're using Service Desk 1.x, then this isn't as elegant a solution, as there's no portal of portals in Service Desk 1.x; your department managers will need to remember two different URLs.

0 votes
Hardik Parekh September 3, 2015

Hi,

Their is very cool plugin for this.

Link : https://intenso.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SPFJSD/Extension+for+JIRA+Service+Desk

By this you can restrict any request types of service desk on group level. Even you can restrict entire service desk by this.

0 votes
Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

Lindsay's got the right idea. I've seen similar requests with the desire to restrict issues types to certain users. You could read through the comment chain on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5865, but I don't believe there is any plan for this to be standard functionality. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events