Is there a way to remove the agents name from the customer notifications?

Jenifer Kuntz April 24, 2017

We have removed any reference to the agent's name from the email template but when the notification goes out the agent's name is populated in the From field on the email.  We would like to make this a generic name of the team rather than a specific user.  Is this possible?

We are in the cloud version.

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2017

Hi Jenifer! I am afraid you are running into a known limitation of JSD - we have a suggestion ticket open to add the ability to just use what ever "from" address JIRA is using:

User JIRA's 'Email From' format in Notifications

If you have time, please vote on the suggestion.

You may want to test out this add-on, Email This Issue; the Marketplace listing claims:

"Email subject, body, from address and comments may include system or custom fields."

Jenifer Kuntz April 25, 2017

Thanks Ann! I voted. 

2 votes
Weam December 16, 2020

I solved my issue only by adding the project name before the email as following:

Project settings -->Notifications

in the Email field, if the email was support@example.com, just add the project name or words that will replace & represent the team as follows:

Email: Project Support <support@example.com>

The Project Support should replace the agent's name.

Regards,

Weam

2 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Hi @Jenifer Kuntz

You can use our add-on Raley Email notifications to send emails without the agent name in from field. It will be sent using Jira default SMTP server and use settings of the account configured.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Rathna May 11, 2020

Hi Vladimir,

Would there be any way of disabling the option on the main option next to the create button?

Cheers,

Rathna

Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2020

Rathna,

Please elaborate which "Create" button you're referring to?

Vlad

0 votes
Christoph Schmitz January 28, 2019

If it's still actual you can hide the agent name when you go to -> Jira settings -> General settings -> Edit -> Remove $fullname (Jira) in the From: field section. Or type in another name like Jira Service Desk System

Caigos Atlassian Admin June 7, 2019

The customer notifications ignore this setting. That's the problem here.

Cheers,
Markus

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events