Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to not to let customer turn off notification either from email or from the portal?

Rashmi Belur January 10, 2018

We are seeing some of the customers are accidentally turning off the notification.
Is there a way not to display "Turn off Notification" link in customer communication email and not to show "Do not notify" me option in the customer portal ?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

As for hiding the link from the email, you can edit the email notifications : 

Managing service desk notifications

You can remove the "Disable notifications location" variable from the email template and that should do the trick!

As for removing "Do not notify" from portal, you may need to rely on Javascript.

I dont think its possible to do that from UI. Having said that, adding javascript is not going to be an easy task : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/How-can-I-add-Javascript-to-Customer-Portal/qaq-p/187461 :(.

I hope this helps!

Mariusz Ternes (admin) July 26, 2018

Hi Team,

I'm having the same issue, however I'm affraid that hiding the button from Portal will make us unable to check whether particular customer notifications are on or off.

Is there some way to find out who and when (and how: e-mail/portal) switched off the notifications for him? Any DB table to query? Some other options?

Customer is stating that this is Jira's bug causing notifications being switched off, so I'd like to have option to investigate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events