Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to hide the "Create KB Article" button for Service Desk

Damon Morda August 12, 2014

Is there a way to hide/disable the "Create KB Article" button in Service Desk? We plan to use a Knowledge Base linking feature, but we have a different workflow for managing the development of wiki pages on the Knowledge Base and would prefer Service Desk Team members don't use that button to do it.

3 answers

1 vote
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

I should have clarified, we want them to be able to create pages in the wiki. However, we are not using the "Troubleshooting" or "How-to" article templates. Therefore, the button provides no value at the moment unless we can change the list of templates that's provided in that list. If that's possible, great, if not we were hoping there was a way to remove the button altogether.

Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

If you have integration between confluence and service desk and want to leave to those users permission to create the pages inside the space - the button will be there. There is an option to write a plugin with a custom servlet filter or write some javascript that will hide that button and put that into anouncement. The other option is to modify vm files inside the plugin to remove that button - but please note that it is not supported by atlassian and you will have to perform that operation after each upgrade

Thanks Alexey. Would you happen to know if it's possible to modify the list of templates available to select from in the "Create KB Article"?

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

@Damon do you have any additional info on the list behind the "Create KB Article" Button? Facing the same question right now. Thanks!

Damon Morda November 12, 2014

@David Toussaint [Communardo] - Negative, haven't been able to find a clever way to hide that yet. I wish it were just a configuration option.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

Thanks anyway. At least I found this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-460

Mahesh Dubey April 16, 2015

I have a similar question regarding KB article button. I don't want to hide the button, but I need to change the text of the button For example I need to change from "Create KB Article" to "Share with Customer". is it possible?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2015

@Mahesh There is no configuration for that. But this can be achieved easily with the CUTE for JIRA Add-On (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.communardo.atlassian.plugins.cute) and a little bit of JS.

0 votes
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Any update on this one? I am facing similar issue as I am using Comala Doc Managemnt to manage the creation of KB articles outside the connected space.

I would like to turn off that feature only for this Project.

If I change permission I am still seeing the button and if I try to create an article I am getting an error.image.png

0 votes
Bob the Builder July 10, 2015

I added some javascript to the announcement banner that seems to have done the trick. <script type="text/javascript"> AJS.toInit(function(){ AJS.$('#sd-create-kb-link').hide(); }); </script>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events