Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to hide SD portal issues to different groups?

fran.quintero January 20, 2020

Hi all!

I'll try to explain myself as clear as possible...

In a Jira Service Desk Cloud project, the portal (who you can access via "Raise a Request" button i.e.) has several options/buttons, each one tied to a specific custom issue.

On this same Service Desk I have 20 customers, but I have the need to grant only access to specific groups of customers into specific issues, like:

Customers 1 to 10 --> access to create/view issue A on the portal

Customers 11 to 20 --> access to create/view issue B on the portal.

Is there a way to achieve that on the same Jira Service Desk project?

The only solution I've read leads here, but is for different projects.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

Hi @fran.quintero 

1. How are you customers raising requests currently? Via the customer portal or email? 
  2. Have you defined customers into Organisations? For example Customer 1 to 10, have you added them into Organisation A via email invite and Customer 11 to 20 into Organisation B via email invite? 

In Jira Service Desk see the menu link Customers. From here you can create an organisation(s) and invite users to those organisations. 

When Customer 1 to 10 log into the Customer portal they will only view tickets created by Customers 1 to 10. Likewise when 11 to 20 log into the Customer Portal they will only see their tickets logged by customers 11 to 20. They can't see 1 to 10 customers tickets and vice versa, unless you add some of the customers from 11 to 20 into 1 to 10 or vice versa. 

-Mike

fran.quintero January 20, 2020

Hello @Mike Bowen 

1. Right now they raise requests via customer portal.
  2. No, I've tried to create two different organizations for the example given. Now, how can I mark for Organization A (customers 1-10) to only see/create tickets for a specific issue?

Thanks!

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

Hello @fran.quintero 

Without creating a new Jira Service Desk and you can't unless you go down the route of educating the two groups. (this is possible as I have persuaded different organisations to use different request types).

Do the two groups know each other or are they two organisations? 

If education is possible (e.g. telling Org 1-10 not to use Request Type B and telling Org 11-20 not to use Request Type A) then it is possible... set up two Request Types and ensure they stick to using the correct request type. 

The easiest solution though would be to create a new Service Desk, add customers 11-20 to it and create your requests types for them. On the service desk add customer 1 to 10 and add requests to it. 

-Mike

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2020

Hello @fran.quintero 

This is not possible in the standard jira service desk. The plugin that I am using to hide/show request types for agents are Deviniti Extension for Jira Service Desk. This makes it able to show request types and groups only for certain groups that you specify. That is the closest thing I have to a solution for your problem!

Best regards,

Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events