Is there a way to get notified when a customer replies to Activity?

Matthew Nigro September 19, 2017

When replies go into activity and regardless of issue status, nothing lets me know that we've received a message.

In other words, an issue is auto-created by the customer. When we reply they get an email. When they reply to that, it shows up in Activity, but only if we look there. 

Is there a way to move that issue up in the queue or otherwise get notified?

I figured out how to reopen a closed issue if they message to that, but if we don't look in activity, we don't know that they've messaged in. We could be working on their issue when they've messaged in days before with changes.

I must be missing something. Can anyone help?

1 answer

1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

So when an issue is created it doesn't get assigned to anyone?  You can configure your internal notification scheme for the Service desk project to notify on "issue commented".  Currently it defaults to assignee, reporter, watcher.  But you could expand that to include yourself, your team, etc.

OR you can use the automation portion of Service Desk to notify or alert your team when an external comment is added.

Matthew Nigro September 25, 2017

Thank you. We just implemented the SD, so I might be missing it.

Our notifications get sent via email, which we don't check all the time because we get a million of them (from JIRA, BitBucket, and Confluence mostly). We are working in JIRA all the time. I guess I'm wondering if there was any way to have the issue moved up in the food chain when it is responded to, or have a badge or flag in JIRA pop up. Even if it is assigned to someone, and we have the issue up at the time of the response, we only get an email notification? Right?

Those emails are lost because our team is constantly getting notifications of pull requests, documentation updates, and server monitoring, which actually pop up notifications in JIRA. We don't interface directly with the customer, so all our emails are JIRA, JIRA, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, JIRA, JIRA (and repeat). We ignore most of them until certain parts or the next day.

I guess that's what I asking. Outside of emails, is there any way to get a notification in JIRA? Like when you get a Facebook notification. or at least how JIRA notifies you that an issue has been updated?

Christopher Simonian December 22, 2021

Was there ever an answer to this?  I'm having similar issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events