cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to capture transition name

Chethan GR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

We have a requirement where in there is a status which has three transitions from it's previous status, say we have statues "Approve" & "Close" and from Approve to Close there are 3 transitions i.e Approve, Decline & Close. 

Clicking on any transition will close the ticket but we need to know which transition was executed. Is there  a way to capture transition name in jira

1 answer

0 votes
Negin Nafari August 1, 2019

I don't think there is a way to find the transition name from jira's interface, since only the initial status and target status is visibile in History Field.

But in any case you can apply a workaround for this limitation : you can create a custom field (text field or a select field or else), and then set a value for this field in the post function of each different transition. (you can use script runner for this)

Chethan GR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2019

Hi @Negin Nafari ,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll try it out can you please let me know how and where to use it as i'm new to scripting.

Regards,

Chethan

Like chethan_gr likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events