Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way for people to email the service desk without becoming a "customer", per se?

Tonya Latino October 17, 2019

I've enabled email channel for my service desk (cloud) and i want to list the email address as the contact info for my company.  The idea is for the user to email a centralized location so that everyone in the office can share csr duties.   I've read Atlassian's documentation regarding email support, but I still have questions.  For example, I don't want people who email servicedesk@example.com to become "customers".   I want this to be a completely open channel - anyone with the address can email it and a ticket would then be created.  Can anyone help me with some quick and easy instructions on how to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Hello Tonya, 

This is exactly what a customer can do. Anyone with the Service Desk's email address can send an email which in turn creates an issue. The reasoning behind creating customers is that the sender will need to follow back on their ticket. The requests will be viewed by every service desk agent. 

I am not sure I understand why the native functionality doesn't cover your needs. 

Zoi, thanks for the reply.   Would these additional customers be seen as "users", i.e, would I have to purchase more user licenses???

Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

No Tonya, they don't consume a license if they don't have access to any of your products but the service desk portal. 

So as long as the users don't have a Jira Software user, Jira Service Desk agent, or Confluence user license you will not need to increase your license tier. 

Hope this helps

Thanks Zoi!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events