Is there a "Questions for Service Desk" that functions similar to "Questions for Confluence" ?

David Andre July 4, 2019

I'm looking for a platform I can build a subject matter hub/community on where external users can create content and ask/answer questions. I'd like to use Atlassian, but I'm not sure if Atlassian is modeled too heavily experts/staff answering user/customer questions.

Recommendations for a curated but crowd driven KB with Q&A & issue resolution welcome. ... Like a hosted quora or atlassian community for my topic.

Thanks!!!

DPA

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Hamilton-Harding July 10, 2019

Have you seen the Jira SD Customer Portal? It's not questions per se, but it is responsive article access and/or issue submission from keywords. With the right issue/request types and workflows I think you could replicate most functionality

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2019

No, there's no such product.  Atlassian wrote Confluence and Questions to provide that sort of function alongside Jira, not within it.

(I do remember a jokey discussion with an Atlassian product owner years ago, just after the announcement that Service Desk and Agile/Software were to become applications for the Jira "platform" where we decided that Confluence should become "wiki for Jira", but sadly, it hasn't happened)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events