Is "Share" in Portal view the same as "Watch" in Project view?

Eric CTN March 28, 2018

Hi,

I am configuring our JSD Project and Portal and my colleagues - who are used to work with JSW as Developers and now have to use JSD as Customers - are getting confused as they can't find "watch" in the Portal view.
Is it correct to tell them that "Share" in the Portal view is similar to "Watch" in the Project view?
My understanding is that in both cases they will get Notifications - which is the main point of watching or subscribing to a ticket. Do I understand correctly?

I find it a bit strange to have to "Share a ticket with myself" in order to get Notification. Is there any other way for a Customer to watch/subscribe to a ticket to get Notifications

Besides, we do have "Watchers", but those are Agents / Service Desk Team. What's the difference in terms of functionality? Both categories should get Notifications.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify this a bit for me.

/Eric

1 answer

0 votes
Amirul Ikhwan Omar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2018

Hi Eric, When you create a service desk ticket, from portal only the requester will be able to view the open ticket. Since the user needs to be able to view the ticket in JSD portal, you will need to share the ticket with them to add them as a participant in the ticket.

Regarding the functionality, yes watcher is only appeared in JIRA and not in Portal, the function is basically the same which is to keep track of the issues. But the difference is that as a watcher, they're notified about internal activity on an issue, and can communicate with you via internal comments.

You can refer to this adding-request-participants for more information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events