Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to change the author of the comments in the tickets?

Guillermo Rosas September 26, 2017

Hi all,

Is possible to change the author of the comments in the tickets?

For example, i want to eliminate a user "A" and create the user "B" as an agent (A and B are the same person). but when i try to eliminate the user "A" jira shows me a message that says: "the user cannot be deleted, it has associations in Jira (40 incidents and 29 comments)." incidents are not a problem because i can change the reporter, the problem are the comments for user "A", i dont want to eliminate comments because it has important information, i just want to change the author of the comments.

Regards.

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Your options come down to these:

1. Hack the DB (bad idea)

2. Change the original username to a new one (should work)

3. Delete all the comments made by the old account. (Also Bad)

Unfortunately there are no good or recommended ways to do this.

-pd

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Not without hideous hacks and checking with your governance people.

Deleting users in Jira is not recommended, it makes an interesting mess in your history.  Flipping comment authors over to another user is a really bad idea too, as it destroys the information about who made the comment (that easily becomes a compliance issue in a lot of industries)

All you should do is deactivate user A.  They won't be able to log in and they will free up their "licence seat" so user B can use it

0 votes
Guillermo Rosas September 26, 2017

Ok i understood, so i will just inactivate user A.

Thanks!

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events