Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to track the timestamp "open" of a Ticket?

dietmarkruppe August 23, 2017

We would like to detail our support times and would like to report the status "open" of all tickets.

Is that possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2017

@dietmarkruppe, as Nic conveyed the created field is readily available and can be used to understand how long issues are open. My  only question here is what do you mean by "track" in your question and does simply being able to see the created date in a filtered list achieve your goal? 

I'd like to create a report witch shows me the open time of all tickets. So I hope to get a base for a desicion on our support times. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2017

So it seems you are trying to use the baseline to establish reasonable SLA times. IMO I would create filters for each priority, assuming you are going to set up SLAs based upon priorities. Then use the Resolution Time gadget and Average Age Chart to establish the baseline.

At the moment we have no real support times and I would like to work proactively. I would like to create a report or filter, which gives me exact time when the tickets are opened. This way, I can see when most tickets are created and the support times are derived.

My problem is that I do not know how? I have not worked with the program for a long time and can not find any help in the help.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2017

ok. lets see if this helps.

1. under the Issues menu choose Search for issues
  2. in the Basic search just start by choosing the project you want to analyze and click the search button (magnifying glass).
  3. on the far right is the Columns drop down. select it and choose to show Created, Resolved and Time to Resolution

This will give you a list of all issue for the project. All issues will have a date for when it was created. Issues that are complete will have a date in the Resolved column and a duration value in the Time to Resolution column. The later is what I think you are looking for ultimately. But if your sample set is very small then establishing a baseline is questionable. That said you need to start somewhere. When I set up SLAs the first time I set them w/ input from the team then we ran for 6mos, reviewed results and then tweaked.

Note the filtered results can be difficult to get a quick assessment if you have hundreds to work with so I recommend one of two next steps.

1. if you are comfortable with Excel then export the current report to CSV, open in excel where you can create all sorts of charts, etc.
  2. create a dashboard and add the Resolution Time gadget and Average Age Chart using the filter you created (and saved)

hope this helps. BTW, there is a lot of documentation on Atlassian's site that will help you in this endeavor. 

Thanks a lot, worked fine!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2017

Search for your issues and make sure the "created" field is included in the navigator columns.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events