Is it possible to set an automation rule to move issues according to request type?

Emma Kershaw August 7, 2019

Hi, 

I've read up on this and sounds like it isn't, but all the articles/Q&As I found were a couple of years old so wondering if this is now possible on Automation Lite?

We want to be able to set it up an automation rule to move issues to other service desks according to request type and be able to easily switch on and off as dept volumes / projects demand.

Thanks

Emma 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2019

It isn't possible OOTB for sure. One option with Code Barrel's Automation for Jira is a bit of a hack-around described here - move-an-issue.

You might also look at other addons e.g. Scriptrunner and Power Scripts. Regardless of the addon you might choose it will take a bit of work.

Emma Kershaw August 7, 2019

Ok thanks Jack.  Yeah I had seen that article but wasn't sure if anything had superseded it and thought it would affect our reporting volumes.  

We use scriptrunner for other things, so I'll see if we can manage the issue in other operational ways but if not look into that more.

Cheers!

Emma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events