Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to set an automation rule to move issues according to request type?

Hi, 

I've read up on this and sounds like it isn't, but all the articles/Q&As I found were a couple of years old so wondering if this is now possible on Automation Lite?

We want to be able to set it up an automation rule to move issues to other service desks according to request type and be able to easily switch on and off as dept volumes / projects demand.

Thanks

Emma 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Aug 07, 2019

It isn't possible OOTB for sure. One option with Code Barrel's Automation for Jira is a bit of a hack-around described here - move-an-issue.

You might also look at other addons e.g. Scriptrunner and Power Scripts. Regardless of the addon you might choose it will take a bit of work.

Ok thanks Jack.  Yeah I had seen that article but wasn't sure if anything had superseded it and thought it would affect our reporting volumes.  

We use scriptrunner for other things, so I'll see if we can manage the issue in other operational ways but if not look into that more.

Cheers!

Emma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

144 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you