Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to remove the 'Related knowledge Base articles' from the View screen?

Gareth Ford February 27, 2019

Hi,

We have our JIRA Service Desk server instance linked to a Confluence Knowledge Base space, and the searches of this KB works well when we use labels. However, due to the fact that the 'Related Knowledge Base articles' does not have labels applied, we have found that the results which are returned are often irrelevant (if a user uses a generic word such as 'issue' for example, any article with this word in could be returned).

This is causing confusion with our user base, so we would like to remove this section from the View screen for Incidents/Service Requests, whilst still allowing them to use Confluence to search our KB.

Is it possible to toggle this off from our Agent view of the screen, or does it have to remain on the page simply because we have linked our Service Desk instance to Confluence?

Thanks

5 answers

3 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

It's not possible out of the box. However, you can achieve this using ScriptRunner through the option Fragments > HIde system or plugin UI element and select the following web item:

• com.atlassian.servicedesk.frontend-webpack-plugin:knowledgebase-issueview-panel

You can also add a condition to define what circumstances this link should be displayed.

Cheers.

Jacoline Melis February 12, 2020

Thanx! I'll try this solution.

0 votes
valk February 9, 2023

Thanks Ivan and Fabian just used your suggestions and it works on JSM 5.2.0 on Data Center. Here is the actual code in ScriptRuuner/Fragments section type following:

Hide what: 

• com.atlassian.servicedesk.frontend-webpack-plugin:knowledgebase-issueview-panel

Condition:

jiraHelper.project?.key != "JRA"

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Scriptrunner solution doesn't work for me.

Tried various key...

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

@JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_ , I'm curious why it hasn't worked for you. We have that implemented for a few clients and it works just fine. Typically, the trick is on the condition. What did you set there?

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2020

I did a simple match on the project key. Anyway, we weren’t using the knowledge base as only a single space can be connected. I just removed the mapping.

Derek Sheeman September 12, 2022

Late, but: If you have re-keyed the project, try the original project key.

Fabian Dengel November 4, 2022

Hey @JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_ 

It's been a while, but I stumbled upon the same issue, so here a small hint for future users:

The condition in the fragment checks when to show the "to be hidden" element when true - So if you use the scriptrunner snippet, the project key would define the only project where the Confluence links would still be visible :)

Adjust the condition to NOT EQUAL the project where you want to hide the UI element in and it works (at least in my tries): 

• (jiraHelper.project?.key not in ["ABC"])

Cheers,

Fabian

0 votes
anja_sandadi June 19, 2019

I am also looking for answer this, Is there any way to remove "Related Knowledge Base articles" section from service desk issues??

0 votes
Doğan Yalmanyalgın May 30, 2019

I am also interested in this, is there any way to hide or remove "Related Knowledge Base articles" section from service desk issues?

Our KB is not fully ready and agents can be confused because of this, therefore I want to hide it for now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events